“Gibraltar Race” and “Alps Tourist Trophy” are Adventure Challenge
to which the following Technical Regulation applies
All motorcycles and quads (only at Morocco edition) suitable to be used on and off road, of any engine displacement and year of registration, are eligible.
Only vehicles that are road legal in the Country where they are registered may participate.
All papers, plates, periodic overhaul and insurance must be valid in the countries crossed minimum 7 days after end of the race. Otherwise the pilot can not take part into the challenge and then he will be disqualified.
Furthermore, he will not be allowed to follow the route of the race. No refund will be made.
The following checks will be made at the first bivouac on all the motorbikes (and quads) participating
The positive overcoming of these verifications is an essential condition to participate into the event (even in the RAID formula) and to compete in the rankings. Even during the event such checks could be repeated on the motorbikes (and quads) of the participants, untill the arrival at the finish line.
Checks before (during and after) the race:
- number of cylinders and size of the front wheel (motorbikes only);
- correspondence between the chassis numbers and the license plate indicated on the registration certificate and those on motorcycle;
- correspondence between the tire sizes indicated on the registration certificate and those installed on the motorbike (there is no limit on number and type of tires used);
- approval and periodic overhaul valid minimum 7 days after the end date of the race;
- insurance and/or Green Card valid for all the countries crossed and expiring minimum 7 days after the end date of the race;
- in the case of motorcycle (quad) not owned, original of the owner’s authorization to drive the motorbike (quad) if abroad written at least in English;
- the 3 labels with race number must be installed and visible. One has to be placed on the front and must be the first one visible from above and the other two will have to be placed one per side;
- the front and rear lights must work. The stop light must work and it has to be activated by at least one among the lever to the handlebar and the pedal;
- the horn must work properly and it has to be activated by the button on handlebar;
- the rear view mirror, one minimum, must be mounted on the motorbike (quad);
- the exhaust silencer is free, but it may be subjected to a sound level test to verify compliance with the limits set.
Administrative scrutineering before the race
The pilot must submit during administrative scrutineering:
- valid driving license;
- valid passport or ID document;
- medical certificate of good health and suitability for the practice of non-competitive sport (in the absence of the certificate, it is necessary to sign a release of liability for our medical staff);
- information form on health status filled and signed (delivered at starting place);
- disclaimer of liability form filled and signed (delivered at starting place);
- a picture will be taken at the time of delivery of the race number to identify the pilot;
- full name and a photocopy of identity document of each component of any private assistance registered (lacking this, the bracelet for access to the bivouac can not be issued);
- make, model, type and license plate of any registered vehicle of private assistance (lacking these, the identification labels with numbers on a green background can not be issued);
Every day at the start of the stage
The pilot must check to have with him:
- personal documents;
- documents of the motorbike;
- the bracelet to acces to the bivouac of the Gibraltar Race;
- GPS tracker (balise) turned on and working;
- GPS logger turned on and working;
- GPS device or app turned on, working, with the GPX file loaded and track record function ON;
- mobile phone fully charged, able to make and receive calls in areas crossed and with the number “SOS GIB RACE” stored;
- a chronometer (recommended two);
- 1 liter of water minimum (suggested 2 liters for Morocco edition);
- energy bars, chocolate or other similar;
- disinfectant, plasters, bandages and the necessary to stop minor bleeding or to protect small wounds and minor grazes;
- multipurpose knife;
In case of lack of one or more of the above mentioned elements the pilot will not be allowed to start, his departure will be postponed after the last competitor and the corresponding penalties will be applied. Provided that in the meantime he is equipped with the missing items.
The organization reserves the right to make changes and additions to this Regulations and to communicate them via the official website of the event www.gibraltarrace.com or by email or by Whatsapp broadcast of the event sent to the registered riders.
These announcements will have to be considered an integral part of this Regulation.
For any clarification or further information you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org