ALPS TOURIST TROPHY
everything you need to know
Alps Tourist Trophy are motorcycle tourist events with a ranking based on navigation skills and regularity. They are open to all riders from every Country that are at least 18 years old and that own a driving license valid for the motorbike they ride.
ALPS TOURIST TROPHY in a nutshell
Before the start of each stage the list of numbered waypoints, along with tracks for transfers, will be provided to pilots in a file in GPX format. The waypoints must be reached in the right order (they are numbered) to complete the Alps Tourist Trophy route.
All the waypoints must be reached to avoid penalties. There are also times that must be respected to avoid penalties. In case of skipped waypoint, the reverse path to reach it is not allowed and the penalty for missing waypoint will be imposed anyway.
To participate you need your own GPS navigator device or a suitable navigation app (please contact us for further details) and a stopwatch.
The transit and time of each waypoint will be controlled by an individual GPS logger, combined with a GPS tracker (balise) used as a safety device, both provided to the pilot by the Organization.
Who collects the fewest penalties points during the race days wins.
The entire route for the pilots and people involved in the Alps Tourist Trophy will be open to traffic. For this reason it is mandatory to respect the traffic laws and rules.
Eligible motorcycles: categories
All motorcycles suitable to be used on and off road, of any engine displacement and year of registration, are eligible. They are divided into the following categories according to the characteristics of the motorbike.
- Tourist motorcycles: all motorbikes with multi-cylinder engine (no single-cylinder therefore)
- Specialist motorcycles: all single-cylinder motorbikes
At the end of each race event two rankings (one for each category) are drawn up.
- Top 3 places of each category will be awarded, provided that there are at least 3 participants per each one.
- The ranking is based on the SS (Selective Sessions) score of each stage.
- All the other participants who complete the route receive a “gift that certifies participation”.
At the end of the last event of Alps Tourist Trophy 2023, two overall rankings (one for each category) are drawn up too: they are reserved for those pilots which participated into at least two of the 2023 events.
Each position in the events rankings corresponds to a score, according the table below.
The best two scores each pilot achieved during any event of Alps Tourist Trophy 2023 will be added together thus creating the two Alps Tourist Trophy 2023 overall rankings (TOURIST and SPECIALIST).
1st position = 25 pts.
2nd position = 20 pts.
3rd position = 16 pts.
4th position = 13 pts.
5th position = 11 pts.
6th position = 10 pts.
7th position = 9 pts.
8th position = 8 pts.
9th position = 7 pts.
10th position = 6 pts.
11th position = 5 pts.
12th position = 4 pts.
13th position = 3 pts.
14th position = 2 pts.
15th position = 1 pt.
Pilots registered for RAID formula have the tracks for the full route, for this reason they will start after the pilots of the two categories.
There are only the following three types of assistance:
1. From the organization, included in the registration fee: provides for the recovery of the broken or damaged motorcycle. The rescue truck will transport the motorbike to the next bivouac.
2. Private Team Assistance: some teams will offer their paid services to Alps Tourist Trophy participants. Their list with the services offered, costs and contact details will be available in the correct section.
3. Individual or group assistance: at the time of registration or no later than 30 days before departure, it is possible to register one or more vehicles and one or more people to assist individuals or groups of motorcyclists by paying the additional fees specified in the correct section.
The service is carried out with 4 × 4 ambulances with paramedics and doctors. Rescue of the pilot and transport to the nearest emergency room, diagnostics and emergency interventions and, if necessary, the repatriation (through an agreed insurance). However, it is advisable to have a personal accident insurance policy valid for abroad.
Luggage and Spare Parts (for ATT International only)
The organization will transport from the bivouac to the bivouac, at no additional cost, N. 1 crate (dimensions 80x40x40 or 80x35x45 cm for a maximum weight of 30 kg.) for each participant. The crate can hold personal items, clothes, tools and spare parts for the motorcycle.
Any additional crates can be carried on request (sent no later than 30 days before the start of the event). The cost is Euro 100 for each additional box. Any other baggage of different shapes and sizes will not be carried.
Although Alps Tourist Trophy takes place in Italy and Spain it is recommended that the motorbikes have a minimum range of 150 kilometers. There are many petrol stations, we recommend that you refuel when possible (it is possible almost everywhere using credit or debit cards).
Overnights and meals
Overnight stays in double room (single room available and with a supplement), breakfasts and dinners (drinks not included) are included in the registration fee of Alps Tourist Trophy International only. Registration fee of the Alps Tourist Trophies of two stages does not include any accommodation. The dinner (drinks not included) on Saturday and a snack on Sunday afternoon are included instead.
Motorsports are dangerous.
The organization does its best to prevent accidents. To mitigate their severity we recommend the following warnings:
– always keep in mind that the entire route is on a public road open to traffic
– reduce speed on difficult routes
– possible known pitfalls are reported along with waypoints.
For a successful event the pilots must remember to:
- do not exceed the limits for safe driving
- both where the path is natural and where it is paved, it can have pitfalls not normally present in your country of origin
- do not follow other competitors and abandon navigation or you will risk losing yourself
- it is necessary to consult the Whatsapp broadcast before the start of each Selective Session (only for participants in Race formula) or in any case in which an interruption is encountered on the route (to know how to get around it) or in any case at least once every 60 minutes. To receive communications, you must have saved the number 0039 3245445344 in the address book of your smartphone.
In the event of an accident, prompt intervention depends mainly on the pilots:
- first of all you must use, where possible, the health emergency button on your GPS locator (balise) and your mobile phone to call the Organization at the provided number. The emergency number is delivered on the first day with the identification bracelet.
- describe the type and severity of the accident and report the number of the nearest waypoint and the possible distance from it based on GPS informationin case of lack of cellular coverage, if possible, move to or reach the next waypoint.
For these reasons it is mandatory to have with you during the Alps Tourist Trophy the minimum safety equipment indicated in the General Regulations and a charged and switched on mobile phone.