Only motorcycles that are road legal in the Country where they are registered may participate to the moto-challenge Gibraltar Race.
They must have registration, plates, periodic review and insurance valid in the countries crossed minimum 7 days after end of the event. Otherwise the pilot will not take off the challenge and then he will be disqualified. He will also not be allowed to go on with the raid following the race. Any fee will not be refunded.
The following checks will be made at the first bivouac on all the motorbikes participating. The positive overcoming of these verifications is an essential condition to participate to the race and to compete in the rankings. Even during the challenge such checks could be repeated on the bikes of the participants, untill the arrival at the finish line.
SCRUTINEERING BEFORE (DURING AND AFTER) THE RACE
- weight of the motorbike not less than 145 kgs. (wet weight with no more than 10 liters of fuel), except for the motorcycles registered in the Aged Bikes and Women categories;
- correspondence between the chassis numbers and the license plate indicated on the registration certificate and those on motorcycle;
- correspondence between the tire sizes indicated on the registration certificate and those installed on the bike (the number and type of tires used is free);
- approval and periodic review valid minimum 7 days after the end date of the race;
- insurance and/or Green Card valid for all the countries crossed and expiring minimum 7 days after the end date of the race;
- in the case of motorcycle not owned, original of the owner’s authorization to drive the bike abroad written at least in English;
- the 3 labels with race number must be installed and visible. One has to be placed front and must be the first one visible from above and the other two will have to be placed one per side on the bike;
- the front and rear lights must work. The stop light must work and it has to be activated by at least one among the lever to the handlebar and the pedal;
- the horn must work properly and it has to be activated by the button on handlebar;
- the rear view mirror, minimum one, must be mounted on the bike;
- the GPS tracker (balise) must be fixed on the bike according the instruction received;
- the exhaust silencer is free, and the sound will not be subject to controls.
All motorcycle riders of any nationality which are at least 18 years old and that own a driving licence valid for the bike they ride for competing may join the Gibraltar Race.
ADMINISTRATIVE SCRUTINEERING BEFORE THE RACE
- valid driving license;
- valid passport;
- registration form filled and signed (delivered at starting place);
- information form on health status filled and signed (delivered at starting place);
- recent medical certificate attesting good health;
- form for discharge of responsibilities filled and signed (delivered at starting place);
- a picture will be taken at the time of delivery of the race number to identify the pilot;
- full name and a photocopy of identity document of each component of any private assistance registered (lacking, the bracelet for access to the bivouac can not be issued);
- make, model, type and license plate of any registered vehicle of private assistance (lacking, the identification labels with numbers on a green background can not be issued).
EVERY DAY AT THE START OF THE STAGE
The pilot must check to have with him:
- personal documents;
- documents of the bike;
- the bracelet to acces to the bivouac of the Gibraltar Race;
- GPS tracker (balise) turned on and working;
- GPS logger turned on and working:
- GPS navigator turned on, working and with the GPX file loaded;
- mobile phone fully charged, able to make and receive calls in areas crossed and with the number “SOS GIB RACE” stored;
- a chronometer;
- 1 liter of water minimum;
- energy bars, chocolate or other similar;
- disinfectant, plasters, bandages and the necessary to stop minor bleeding or to protect small wounds and minor grazes;
- multipurpose boxcutter.
In case of lack of one or more of the above mentioned elements the pilot will not be allowed to start the stage, his departure will be postponed after the last competitor and the corresponding penalties will be applied. Provided that in the meantime he is equipped with the missing items.
We also advise participants to always have with you Euro cash in small denominations, since credit cards are not accepted anywhere.
The organization reserves the right to make changes and additions to this Regulations and to communicate them via the official website of the event www.gibraltarrace.com or by email sent to the registered riders. These emails will have to be considered an integral part of this Regulation.
For any clarification or further information you can write to email@example.com
OF ALL EUROPE
If you need more information, please phone us
+39 324 5445344
or email us