Gibraltar Race is open to amateurs that are at least 18 years old and that own a driving license valid for the motorbike they are riding to participate.
Each motorbike must be road legal in the Country where it is registered. All papers, plates and insurance must be valid in the countries crossed minimum 7 days after the end of the event.
All the bikes suitable for on and off road use of not less than 145 kgs. (wet weight with maximum 10 liters of fuel) are permitted. The weight limit does not apply to motorcycles registered until 31/12/1999 and to those ones of Women category.
Each rider to take part in the Gibraltar Race must know and accept the General Regulations.
The route is briefly described in the proper section. A GPS navigator or a smartphone or tablet with appropriate apps and a chronometer are the only tools to be used during the Gibraltar Race.
All the waypoints must be achieved in order to avoid penalties. They will be provided to riders every day before the start of each stage, by loading a .GPX format file on the GPS device of each pilot.
This is the list of known GPS devices that will allow you to properly view all the information you need. Garmin series: Montana, GpsMap.
This is the list of Apps that have proven to be compatible for use during the Gibraltar Race: LocusMap, OsmAnd. They must be installed on smartphones or tablets with sufficient IP protection and functionality for off-road use on motorcycles.
Each participant must be equipped with the USB connection cable of his device
You may also use other GPS navigators or smartphone and tablet applications, but the organization will not be responsible if it is not possible to load or display correctly all the information contained in the .GPX file for each stage.
The transit and the time at each waypoint will be checked by an individual GPS logger, combined with a GPS tracker (balise) used as safety device, both provided to the pilot by the Organization.
Registrations will begin on September 1st, 2018 and they will end on April 30th, 2019 or when achieving the limit of 99 participants.
The starting order will match the order of registration.
The registration fee by November 15th 2018 is Euros 2,300
The registration fee by January 15th 2019 is Euros 2,550.
The registration fee from January 16th 2019 and before April 30th 2019 is Euro 2,800.
You can also participate in the Gibraltar Race with the Express Formula.
It lasts half. You can join the Part 1 or the Part 2.
The Part 1 from 21st to 28th of June 2019 .
The Part 2 from 29th of June to 6th of July 2019.
All the details are available in the proper section Gibraltar Race Express
OF ALL EUROPE
If you need more information, please phone us
+39 324 5445344
or email us
June 21, 2019
July 6, 2019
The general program, which may be modified before the start for causes not depending on the Organization, will be available as soon as completed. The places listed below are not yet the definitive ones.
Day 1 (21/06/2019): GDANSK (Poland) – here
From 9.00 AM technical and administrative scrutineering.
At 2.00 PM Briefing
At 4.00 PM Opening ceremony and welcome drink.
At 5.30 PM Prologue (race show valid for final ranking).
Day 2 (22/06/2019): 1st stage – GORZOW WIELKOPOLSKI (Poland) – here
Day 3 (23/06/2019): 2nd stage – LIBEREC (Czech Republic) – here
Day 4 (24/06/2019): 3rd stage
Day 5 (25/06/2019): 4th stage
Day 6 (26/06/2019): 5th stage – BRESCIA (Italy) – here
Day 7 (27/06/2019): 6th stage – CUNEO (Italy) – here
Day 8 (28/06/2019): 7th stage – ARLES (France) – here
Day 9 (29/06/2019): day of rest – ARLES (France) – here
Day 10 (30/06/2019): 8th stage – CARCASSONNE (France) – here
Day 11 (01/07/2019): 9th stage – PRULLANS (Spain) – here
Day 12 (02/07/2019): 10th stage – BARBASTRO (Spain) – here
Day 13 (03/07/2019): 11th stage – MIRANDA DE EBRO (Spain) – here
Day 14 (04/07/2019): 12th stage – ZAMORA (Spain) – qui
Day 15 (05/07/2018): 13rd stage – OURENSE (Spain) – here
Day 16 (06/07/2019): 14th stage – FISTERRA (Spain) – here – Finish line. Prize giving and event closing ceremony. Final party and dinner. There is no bivouac.
Day 17 (07/07/2019): Return of the participants and the Organization.
Classes and Categories
Gibraltar Race is for motorbike riders only. All the motorbikes suitable for on and off road use of not less than 145 kgs. (wet weight with maximun 10 liters of fuel) are permitted. The weight limit does not apply to motorcycles registered until 31/12/1999 and to those ones of Women category. Motorbikes and pilots are divided into following classes and categories:
Class 1: all motorcycles with engine displacement exceeding 950 cc.
Class 2: all motorcycles with engine displacement between 601 cc and 950 cc.
Class 3: all motorcycles with engine displacement not exceeding 600 cc.
Aged Bikes Category: all motorcycles registered until 31/12/1999. Motorbikes registered in this category are not subject to the weight limit of 145 kgs.
Women Category: any motorcycle driven by a female rider. Motorbikes registered in this category are not subject to the weight limit of 145 kgs.
Team Category: all motorcycles registered in a team of 3 pilots.
- Each rider competes for overall standings and for only one of the class or the category selected when he registered in the rally.
- Top 3 places in the overall standings and first 3 of each class and category will be awarded.
- The ranking is based on the score of the SS (Selective Sections) of each stage and the score of the Prologue.
- For each SS you will be informed of the travel time to be respected. Gap more or less will result in the application of penalty points. So it is advisable to adopt a simple chronometer. For each SS the total lenght and the number of waypoints will also be shown.
- Penalties eventually imposed for missed waypoints or for infringements of the General Regulations will be added to the total score.
- For the teams the score will be the sum of the penalty points of the individual members.
- Before the start of each stage the list of numbered waypoints will be provided in GPX format file. They must be reached according to the right order to complete the route of Gibraltar Race.
- In case of skipped waypoint you will not be allowed to reverse your route to reach it (or you will be disqualified) and the penalty for missing waypoint will be imposed anyway.
- Even in the case of serious violations of the General Regulations of Gibraltar Race you will be disqualified.
The overnight stay at the bivouacs can be in your own tent (paying the supplement) or at the hotel (paying the supplement according to the solution chosen: double or single room)
Each participant will be provided with an identification bracelet that will give him access to the area of evening bivouacs. In the camp you will have space for your motorcycle maintenance.
Registering people and vehicle for the assistance you will have additional space available in the area of the bivouac for maintenance.
The overnight stay at the hotel (in a double or single room) is also available for assistance people paying the supplement.
The additional costs for accommodation are published in the section “SIGN IN“
Meals are not included in the registration fee. Upon booking you can request and purchase an optional package that includes dinners and breakfasts during the days of the Gibraltar Race. The cost of catering is indicated in the proper section. The catering service will be set up in the area of the bivouac.
Baggage and Spare Parts
The Organization will transport from bivouac to bivouac, at no additional cost, No. 1 case (sizes 80x40x40 or 80x35x45 cms for a maximum weight of 30 kgs.) for each participant. The case may contain personal belongings, clothes, tools and spare parts of the bike. Any extra case can be transported on demand (no later than 30 days before the start of Gibraltar Race). The cost is Euro 100 for each extra case. Any other baggage different in shape and sizes will not be transported.
There are only the following three types of assistance:
- By the Organization, included in the registration fee: it provides the recovery of the bike broken or damaged. The rescue truck will transport the bike to the next bivouac.
- Assistance by private teams: some teams will offer their services for a fee to participants in the Gibraltar Race. Their list with services offered, cost and details to contact them will be available in the proper section.
- Individual or group assistance: when joining or not after April 30th 2019, you can register one or more vehicles and one or more persons to assist individual or group of riders paying additional fees specified in the proper section.
Vehicles and personnel registered will be allowed to enter and remain in the bivouac areas and to access the track as specified in the General Regulations. Assistance to individuals and groups will also be provided with a GPS tracker and, day by day, the coordinates and the address of the next bivouac.
Besides the ambulances 4 × 4 and the medical center at the bivouacs, the service will be provided by the insurance coverage included in the registration fee. It is advisable to subscribe a personal accident insurance policy valid for abroad.
All routes for pilots and for people involved in the Gibraltar Race will be roads open to traffic. For this reason is mandatory to comply with the rules to travel on them. There will be the following two types of routes:
- The Route: normally for riders of the Gibraltar Race, for some of vehicles of Organization, for registered assistance vehicles (as specified in the General Regulations), for medical aid.
- Shortest paved road from bivouac to bivouac: for Organization, logistic and some assistance vehicles, in order to travel from a camp to the next one.
Despite the Gibraltar Race takes place in Europe it is advisable that motorbikes have a minimum autonomy of 150 kilometers. There are many gas stations, we suggest you to refuel whenever is possible.
The Organization does its best to prevent accidents or to mitigate their severity by following warnings:
- always keep in mind that the whole route is on public road open to traffic
- Reduce speed along difficult paths
- Possible known pitfalls are reported in addition to waypoints
For a successful event the cooperation of riders is required. They have to remember to:
- Do not exceed their limits for a safe drive
- Either where the path is natural or where it is paved it can have pitfalls normally not present in your country of origin
- Not follow other competitors leaving your navigation or you will risk of getting lost
In case of accident, a prompt intervention depends mainly on pilots:
- First of all you have to use, where possible, the health emergency button on your GPS tracker (balise) and your mobile phone to call the Organization to the number “SOS GIB RACE”.
- The emergency number is delivered on the first day with the ID bracelet.
- Describe the kind and severity of the accident and report the number of the nearest waypoint and the possible distance to it according to GPS information
- In case of lack of cellular coverage, if possible, you have to move towards the next waypoint or reach it.
For these reasons it is mandatory to have with you during the Gibraltar Race the minimum safety equipment indicated in the General Regulations and the mobile phone charged and turned on.